With over hundred wineries spread across our hilly peninsula, Istrian wine universe is vast and ever expanding, and slowly conquering international palates with Istrian Malvazija, Teran, Muscat of Momjan and Borgonja – indigenous grape varieties Istrians are very proud of. However, for a newcomer, visiting Istrian wineries ain’t easy!
Even the locals admit they are spoilt for choice and find it difficult to come up with a reasonable wine tasting itinerary allowing to experience as much as possible in a single day. And if you wish the wines you taste to more or less match your drinking preferences, things will get even more complicated.
That’s why we offer wine tours in Istria tailored to offer the best experience. Their outline is as follows:
• have an experienced, local wine enthusiast as guide.
• offer tasting of at least four wines in each winery.
• take care of choosing the best Istrian taverns for lunch, serving only local and seasonal food.
• organise pick-up/drop-off anywhere in Istria county
• educate clients about history and styles of winemaking in Istria, indigenous grape varieties, different soils and microclimates and basics of pairing with signature Istrian traditional dishes
If you are a wine enthusiast eager to meet Istrian winemakers in person and taste their hand crafted wines, take a look at Wine Itineraries we offer: